Penicuik & District Arts Festival
the Opening Bash
Saturday, 3rd Sept, 11a.m. - approx. 1pm
Something you don't want to miss!
Detailed program here now:
First welcoming of Penicuik & District Arts Festival will be held inside Townhall PDAF venue #8 to start with, then outside in precinct or, if weather compels us to - in South Kirk Hall PDAF Venue #20
- 11.11 a.m.: opening of Festival by Andrew Crummy http://pdaf2011.weebly.com/andrew-crummy.html
- songs by some of our local young folks and from visitors
- indigenous culture fibrecraft demostrations by crafters from Alba and from Kyrgystan
- face painting
- 11.30a.m. a BIG BANG from the Cornbank Primary's P6 under the direction of the TRASH ARTS team
- street theatre with Julie McInally from our very own local Dance Pointe Academy with 1 x contemporary piece, 2 x commercial jazz pieces and 1 x boys breaking piece.
- + some more surprises?
Then, after the street party (lets all keep fingers crossed for the weather!) all can make their way down to the Arts Centre to see at 1pm whom Andrew has chosen as the winner of the annual Turner Prize competition!